Because of the odd shapes and complex little gaps around our teeth we cant be too sure about our own gums and teeth.
We are the dental health experts so we know we need someone else to check our teeth and gums.
We are just like you in that we need someone else to help, without judgements.
Our personal tricks
- Don't rush the brush. We are also in a rush but some of us use our phone timer or radio in the bathroom to slow the rush.
Everyone needs to start with the 2 minute clean. As you get older it may take longer, especially if the teeth have moved a bit or you have big fillings or crowns.
- Brush morning and night. In the morning it is easier to remember because we don't want to walk around with that dry stale "sleep" breath.
At night we want to cleanse away the days food for a healthy sleep. Did you know that you have less saliva in the night so your tooth defense against bugs is greatly reduced. (That is why a midnight snack is an unhealthy idea!)
- Drink tap water (yes don't let those expense supermarkets take your money unnecessarily.
- Gums will shrink away from any damage and can never be put back. We can replace most solid teeth problems but your gums need constant attention to stay healthy.
- Bleeding gums are a really bad sign. Make a note of where you get bleeding and let us know ASAP.